Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
The Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal is awarded for service after 1 July 1958, and meeting the following criteria:
1. Personnel must be a bona fide member of a unit and engaged in the operation, or meet one or more of the following :
2. Have served not less than thirty consecutive days in the area of operations.
3. Be engaged in direct support of the operation for 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days, provided that this support involves entering the area of operations.
The qualifying criteria for non-unit direct support personnel in Grenada is 6 consecutive or 12 non consecutive days.
4. Serve for a full period where an operation is less than 30 days duration.
5. Be engaged in actual combat, or duty which is equally as hazardous as combat, during the operation with armed opposition, regardless of time in the area.
6. Participate as a regularly assigned crewmwmber of an aircraft flying into, out of, within, or over the area in support f the military operation.
7. Be recommended, or attached to a unit recommended, by the chief of a service or the commander of unified or specified command for award of the medal, although the
criteria above have not been fulfilled. Such recommendations may be made to the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) for duty of such value to the operation as to warrant particular recognition.
Ribbon Device Attachments:
1. Fleet Marine Device for Navy Personnel serving in combat with the Marine Corps.
2. Bronze 3/16" Campaign Star
This Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal is the same medal available to the government. MilitaryVetsPX.com carries this medal as a service to it's recipients who may need a replacement medal or an additional medal for display or framing.
This item ships same day if ordered by 2:00PM CST
If you need assistance ordering or would like to order by telephone please call us toll free at 1-800-864-5062 and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.
Vets Supply Line
10550 County Road 81
Maple Grove MN 55369
M-Th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (CST)
Closed all Federal Post Office Holidays
The appearance of U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information and logos does not imply use is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps or any other component of the Department of Defense.