How to Determine Your Medals or Get Veteran Service Records DD-214 from

The best way to determine which military awards and medals were received, or any information about a U.S. Veteran's military service is by contacting the Veteran's Affairs and requesting form DD-214, or discharge papers.

Instructions for obtaining a copy of your or any other U.S. military Veteran's service records can be found here:

If you need assistance ordering or would like to order by telephone please call us toll free at 1-800-864-5062 and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.

Vets Supply Line
10550 County Road 81
Suite 218
Maple Grove MN 55369
Tel: 1-800-864-5062
M-Th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (CST)
Closed all Federal Post Office Holidays

The appearance of U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information and logos does not imply use is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps or any other component of the Department of Defense.